R U OK? 5 ideas to assist with your own mental health
Today is national R U OK? Day and the Launch team are all wearing yellow as we support this important day by reaching out to each other, to listen and check-in.
2020 has been a challenging year for everyone and circumstances have made it even more important for us all to stay connected and, for those who are able to, support people around us. R U OK? Day is our national day of action when we remind Australians that every day is the day to ask, “Are you OK?” if someone in your world is struggling with life’s ups and downs.
Here’s our list of 5 things you can do this week for your mental health
- Get some Vitamin-D. Enjoy the Spring sunshine while doing a quick workout or taking a phone call while you walk. Check out our Spotify playlist, we guarantee a list of hits to boost your motivation.
- Focus on eating well by filling your plate with fruit and veggies. To get you started, we love the sound of this recipe for Spring Minestrone by Jamie Oliver.
- Take the advice of The Australian Sleep Health Foundation who recommend 7-8 hours of sleep every night. We know this is easier said than done, so here are some tips to help.
- Introduce a new morning ritual, whether it be meditation or just simple stretching, and enjoy the benefits to the central nervous system.
- Connect with others. R U OK? Day inspires and empowers everyone to meaningfully connect with the people around them and start a conversation with anyone who may be struggling with life. For tips on having a conversation that could change a life, visit the R U OK? website.
If you need to talk to someone about mental health, anxiety or depression, please reach out to BeyondBlue on 1300 224 636.